[oXygen-user] Cannot locate a schema for namespace ...

Sorin Ristache
Thu Jan 8 04:49:47 CST 2009

Hello,

The XML parser cannot know where to get the XML Schema for the namespace
"urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:eppcom-1.0" if the resolver set to the parser
does not map the namespace URI to the XML Schema file that defines the
namespace:

   <import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:eppcom-1.0"/>

The resolver set to the XML parser by Oxygen cannot find the location of
a schema file when only the target namespace is specified:

You have to specify the location of the schema file too:

     <import namespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:eppcom-1.0"
schemaLocation="Rfc4930Types.xsd"/>

Here I assumed that the file Rfc4930Types.xsd is located in the same
directory as Rfc4930.xsd.

We plan to enhance the XML Catalog resolver of Oxygen in a future
version so that it can map a namespace URI to a schema location when the
schemaLocation attribute is not specified, that is based on an XML
catalog entry like:

  <uri name="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:eppcom-1.0"
uri="/path/to/file/Rfc4930Types.xsd"/>

The XML catalog with such an entry would be set in Oxygen from menu
Options -> Preferences -> XML -> XML Catalog.