[oXygen-user] Cannot locate a schema for namespace ...

Bradley, Peter
Thu Jan 8 03:30:50 CST 2009

Hi,

I have a project to implement RFC4930 (EPP).

The RFC provides two schemas that define the XML formats for the
messages passed in the emplementation:

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc4930.html

The schemas are in section 4 (Formal Syntax), paras 1 and 2.

I've created an oXygen project for this, and added two files: one for
the "Base Schema", and one for the "Shared Structure" schema.  I've
called these, respectively:

* Rfc4930.xsd
* Rfc4930Types.xsd

However, the former (Rfc4930.xsd) will not validate in oXygen.  Saxon
gives a warning:

SystemID: C:\Projects\RFC4930\Rfc4930.xsd
Location: 8:60
urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:eppcom-1.0

This is followed by two errors:

SystemID: C:\Projects\RFC4930\Rfc4930.xsd
Location: 181:0
been declared

SystemID: C:\Projects\RFC4930\Rfc4930.xsd
Location: 300:0
not been declared

I guess that the errors are occurring because the schema cannot be
found.

Can anyone explain to me what I have to do to get the types declared?  I
tried including the types document in the base schema, but that didn't
help things.

I guess the problem is fairly straightforward, but it appears
nevertheless to be beyond me.

Thanks in advance

Peter