[oXygen-user] adding catalog entries in Oxygen

Robert Nagle
Thu Aug 6 03:12:40 CDT 2009

I'm having a tough time understanding the process for adding to the catalog.

I am trying to make oxygen default to the 1.7.5.2 Docbook version
(which was released a few weeks ago).  I want to keep a local version
available on my Windows machine.

I understand that I need to add something to the catalog, but where?

First,  I see C:\Program Files (x86)\Oxygen XML Editor
10\frameworks\docbook\xsl\catalog.xml  has this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
  <!-- XML Catalog file for DocBook XSL-NS v1.75.1 -->
  <rewriteURI uriStartString="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl-ns/current/"
rewritePrefix="./"/>
  <rewriteSystem
systemIdStartString="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl-ns/current/"
rewritePrefix="./"/>
  <rewriteURI uriStartString="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl-ns/1.75.1/"
rewritePrefix="./"/>
  <rewriteSystem
systemIdStartString="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl-ns/1.75.1/"
rewritePrefix="./"/>
  </catalog>

I'm not 100% sure, how I'd edit this file. Oxygen tells me that this
file isn't editable (because it's under Program Files, not user
space).

Would the appropriate syntax be something like this:

  <rewriteURI uriStartString="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl-ns/1.75.2/"
rewritePrefix="I:\My Documents\xml\docbook-xsl-1.75.2\"/>
  <rewriteSystem
systemIdStartString="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl-ns/1.75.2/"
rewritePrefix="I:\My Documents\xml\docbook-xsl-1.75.2\"/>

If I created an identical catalog.xml in my user folder (I:\My
Documents\xml\docbook-xsl-1.75.2\)  but switched out 1.7.5.2 for
1.7.5.1, would that be right?

Then Options --> Preferences --> XML Catalog --> Add new catalog -->
browse for this new catalog.xml

 is there an easy way for me to verify that the new local version of
xsl file is actually being used?

If I just declare I<xsl:import
href="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/epub/docbook.xsl"/>
in my stylesheet, would that be enough (while taking  slight hits on
performance while the file is being downloaded).

Thanks.

Robert Nagle