[oXygen-user] Fixed-width font

Andrew Welch
Mon Sep 29 09:00:39 CDT 2008

> Yes, and more, oXygen allows you to configure not only the editor font but
> also the font for UI controls. See Options->Preferences -- Fonts.

Out of interest, why isn't the default font not a monospaced font??

I don't know what other people use with oXygen, but the first thing I
do is switch to a fixed width font (monospaced size 12) otherwise
single quotes within double quotes (eg select="'some text'") really
strain your eyes.

The font for the editor in Netbeans is monospaced by default, and I
think most other IDEs are, which is why it's a little unusual for the
default font to not be monospaced...

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com