[oXygen-user] Can Tag Indent Be Configured On a Per-DTD/Per-Namespace Basis?

Sorin Ristache
Thu Nov 6 09:22:13 CST 2008

Hello,

Do you mean formatting by the action Format and Indent? For the XML
files that should never be formatted you can just add the attribute
xml:space="preserve" to the root element or add the qualified name of
the root element to the Preserve Space Elements list in Preferences ->
Editor -> Format -> XML.

We will think about a possible implementation of format and indent
options at the document type level (which matches the edited documents
by rules based on the file type, namespace, root local name, etc) but it
sounds like a configuration nightmare. Maybe the paragraph breaks should
be marked up explicitly if they are sensitive to whitespace
normalization and if you have the option of customizing the InCopy INCX
schema in your process.