[oXygen-user] soft link to the java app stub to easily open a file

Dan Caprioara
Fri Aug 29 02:48:32 CDT 2008

Hello,

You can use the "open" shell utility, like this:

open -a  /Applications/oxygen/Oxygen.app /path/to/file.xml

To create an alias, use "open -e /Users/your_user_name/.bash_profile" to
start editing the .bash_profile file with TextEdit, and then add the line:

alias oxy='open -a  /Applications/oxygen/Oxygen.app '

Make sure you preserve the space after the  ".app". You must restart the
Terminal application before trying it out.

Cheers,
Dan