[oXygen-user] soft link to the java app stub to easily open a file

Robert Koberg
Thu Aug 28 17:50:51 CDT 2008

Hi,

I am looking for a simple way to open a file in a running oxygen app.
have found that I can open a file in a running instance of oxygen like
so:

$ /Applications/oxygen/Oxygen.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub /
path/to/file.xml

I tried to create a soft link the JavaApplicationStub in my home dir,
but the system does not recognize it as a file. Is there some way I
can alias the longish path so I can do something like (while in my
home dir):

$ oxy /path/to/file.xml

Is there a better/easier way?

thanks for any tips,