[oXygen-user] Embedding a font in FOP for Oxygen

Sorin Ristache
Thu Aug 28 04:44:18 CDT 2008

Hello,

The instructions from the article "How to Add a Font to the Oxygen
built-in FOP" are specific for DocBook and TEI transformations and are
intended to give two examples of how you can configure and embed a
custom font in PDF output generated with the Apache FOP processor. Do
you try to transform a DocBook XML document or a TEI XML one to PDF?

If yes it seems something was wrong in applying the procedure described
in the article. Please make a zip with a sample source XML file, the
TrueType (.ttf) font files from which you generated the font metrics
files, the font metrics files and the FOP configuration file. We will
try to generate a PDF result with correct Czech glyphs and tell you what
you did wrong.

If not you have to make sure that your custom XSLT stylesheet generates
an intermediate XSL-FO file with correct references to the fonts
specified in the FOP configuration file. The FOP processor has to match
these references with the font metrics files specified in the FOP
configuration file.