[oXygen-user] Embedding a font in FOP for Oxygen

Mark Wilson
Tue Aug 26 16:11:27 CDT 2008

I am using: XML Editor 9.3, build 2008070211

I need to render Czech language glyphs.
Since 'C' appeared as '#' in my PDF output, I assumed I needed to embed a
font. I tried to embed Tlcenteu.ttf (Times Central Europe), following the
directions in your "How to Add a Font to the Oxygen built-in FOP". It failed
with an 'unexpected end of file' error.

So I went to http://www.sweb.cz/ls78/ttfonts.htm and downloaded Casy EA and
Casy EA Bold. This time what appear to be two good metrics files, casy.xml
and casy_0.xml, were built.

 I added the fopConfiguration.xml file as instructed in your document,
changed my font name in the XSL file from "sans serif" to "casy", and re-ran
my transformation scenario. Although a good PDF file was produced, it
appeared to be identical to the previous file and again did not render the
Czech alphabet characters.

Have I missed a step?
Thanks for any help,
Mark