[oXygen-user] Using Custom Parser With XSLT Processors

W. Eliot Kimber
Thu Mar 1 06:52:49 CST 2007

George Cristian Bina wrote:
> Hi Eliot,
>
> oXygen uses Xerces to parse the source documents for transformations and
> it creates explicitly the parser setting its configuration options from
> the oXygen options, for instance if XInclude is enabled or not.
> We may consider adding some more features to configure for Xerces in the
> oXygen options (see Options->Preferences -- XML -- XML Parser). Please
> let us know what features you need.

I think that what I would need would be the "normalized value" setting,
as indicated in my little Java class. If my memory is correct, this is
what causes Xerces to report the values of defaulted attributes.

The ability is particularly important with DITA because all the DITA
processing is done against the values of the class= attribute, which is
always defaulted and shouldn't be made explicit in instances.

Cheers,

E.

--
W. Eliot Kimber