[oXygen-user] problem with xlink in METS files

Christian Wittern
Fri Sep 1 07:50:53 CDT 2006

Hi there,

I am having a strange problem with editing / validating METS
instances.  Using the schema from
http://www.loc.gov/standards/mets/mets.xsd (which imports xlink.xsd at
the same location),
I am editing a file with the following root:

<mets xmlns="http://www.loc.gov/METS/"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.loc.gov/METS/ file:mets.xsd"
    xmlns:gdm="http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/GDM/"
    xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/TR/xlink">
</mets>

i.e. I am defining a NS prefix xlink for the xlink namespace.
Nevertheless, when I place attributes from this namespace on elements
(e.g. on Flocat), oXygen claims they are not valid there and instead
offers the very same attributes, but with namespace prefixes like ns1,
ns2 etc.  This seems to be wrong, but I am at a loss how to fix this.
Is this a bug in oXygen or am I doing something wrong?

Any help appreciated,

Christian Wittern

--
Christian Wittern, Kyoto