[oXygen-user] problem with xlink in METS files

Sorin Ristache
Fri Sep 1 08:31:50 CDT 2006

Hello Christian,

In your XML document the prefix "xlink" is associated to the
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xlink" namespace while the mets.xsd schema imports
xlink.xsd with the target namespace "http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink".
oXygen looks in your document for a prefix associated to the target
namespace of the schema and it does not find one so it provides a
default prefix (ns1, ns2, etc) instead of the declared prefix "xlink".