[oXygen-user] XML Schema validation broken in 7.2?

George Cristian Bina
Tue Oct 10 01:58:55 CDT 2006

Dear Allison,

Please try to put together a small sample (XML+schema) to show that
problem and send that over as I do not remember a similar report against
oXygen 7.2.

A couple of things you should try:
- Use also the "Reset Cache and Validate" action (at the left of the
validate action in the toolbar) and see if you get different results
- Make sure you have the Options->Preferences -- XML -- XML Parser --
http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema-full-checking enabled
(if that is disabled then type derivations and unique particle
attribution errors are not checked).
- Make sure you have the schema that oXygen reports errors on as the
schema associated for with those documents, for that use the "Open
External Schema" action (also from the toolbar) to open the associated
schema and validate that schema.