[oXygen-user] XML Schema validation broken in 7.2?

Allison Bloodworth
Mon Oct 9 11:28:15 CDT 2006

Hi,

Last week I upgraded (I think from Oxygen 7.1) to Oxygen 7.2 which is using
Xerces 2.8.0 for schema validation. Suddenly XML instance documents that are
definitely not valid are being called valid by Oxygen. I am using the red
"checkmark" button for which the tool tip is "Validate Document". I am
creating the files by opening a new document in Oxygen and attaching a
schema that way. Documents with no content in the elements as well as
documents that are just completely wrong are coming up as valid. When I
validate using Xerces at the command line (java sax.Counter) I am getting
the proper errors for these same documents. Additionally, I am getting the
proper errors in Oxygen when I try to validate the schema itself. What could
be going wrong?

Allison Bloodworth
Principal Administrative Analyst
Technology Program Office