[oXygen-user] Help Search highlighting

Lars Huttar
Tue Mar 28 06:27:50 CST 2006

Hello,
Seeing once again your responsiveness to bug reports prompted me to
report one that has been a minor irritation for quite a while. In the
Help window (User Manual), I click on the Search icon. Then I type a
word in the Find text field, e.g. "associate", and press Return.
A list of chapters where matches are found is shown below the Find
field, and the content of one of them is shown on the right. In the
content pane, the searched-for keyword is highlighted. At first, this
highlighting works fine, but as we get lower down in the chapter, it
begins to deviate from the search terms. Near the middle of a long
chapter, the highlights are not even close to the word "associate", so
it's hard to find the search terms. (There's also no "next occurrence"
button.)

This is happening to me in Oxygen 7.1, but I remember this behavior
since at least v6. I'm using Windows XP; my coworker with Mac OSX sees
the same behavior.

While I'm on the topic, I'd like to put in a couple of other UI requests
for the Help window...
- The usual title bar icons (minimize, maximize, restore) are missing.
- The Help window is always on top, yet is not modal (you can still type
in the main Oxygen window). Seems to me always-on-top goes with being
modal. My preference would be that the Help window does not have to stay
on top.

Thanks,
Lars