[oXygen-user] olinkdb and target.db Problems

George Cristian Bina
Thu Dec 29 01:49:47 CST 2005

Hello Ray,

If you include a DTD inside the document oXygen will validate against
that DTD and not against an eventually externally associated schema
(assuming you associated a RNC schema externally with the document
through the default schema association options).
An external entity is replaced with its content and the validation is
performed on that expanded content against the specified DTD. Probably
your DTD does not define the elements that are present in your expanded
document thus you get validation errors.

I do not understand exactly against what DTD/schema you want your
document to be valid. If a document is not valid against some DTD or
schema you have two options: either correct the document to match the
DTD/schema or change the DTD or schema to allow the content from your
document.

In version 7 (we made available a beta a few days ago [1]) you should be
able to specify a Relax NG schema (using a PI inside the document, see
the associate schema action in oXygen) and a DTD and configure oXygen to
ignore the DTD for validation if a schema is also specified, thus you
will get Relax NG validation and entities support through the DTD but no
validation against the DTD will be performed.

[1] http://www.oxygenxml.com/pipermail/oxygen-user/2005-December/000696.html

Happy holidays,