[oXygen-user] an extra blank page in the .pdf output + a new question

Chip Wiegand
Thu Aug 11 11:14:17 CDT 2005

 wrote on 08/11/2005 08:41:32 AM:

> Hello Chip,
>
> First read the introduction from:
>
> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/TitleFontSizes.html
>
> as I said before. Titlepage customization is a process with several
> steps and first you have to be familiar with some special DocBook
> concepts. From the above link you are linked to other relevant pages
> that clearly explain the process. Please study them first.

Hi,
I've read that section several times now and it appears there are 3 ways
to edit the title properties -
customize the titlepage spec file
or
customize the attribute-set
or
customize the template
So, it looks like the easiest way to get what I need done is to simply
change the font-size in the titlepage spec (since I am only trying to make
the title font smaller). This is what I have now -

  <t:titlepage t:element="chapter" t:wrapper="fo:block"
               font-family="{$title.fontset}">
    <t:titlepage-content t:side="recto"
margin-left="{$title.margin.left}">
      <title t:named-template="component.title"
             param:node="ancestor-or-self::chapter[1]"
             font-size="&hsize3;"
             font-weight="bold"/>

The font-size was originally "&hsize5;", but the resulting .pdf file does
not reflect the smaller size font in chapter titles, they are still size 5
even though the template is set to size 3.

I'm I interpreting the manual incorrectly?
Regards,
chip

> Best regards,
> Sorin
>

> Chip Wiegand wrote:
> >>Use the first method - customizing the titlepage specification file.
You

> >>have to customize the chapter title specification in
> >>titlepage.templates.xml: in the *titlepage* element with the
> >>*element="chapter"* attribute change the value of the *font-size*
> >>attribute inside the *titlepage-content* element. First read the
> >>introduction from:
> >>
> >>http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/TitleFontSizes.html
> >

> > I did a search on my pc and found 4 instances of
titlepage.templates.xml -
> > C:\Program
Files\GemDoc\components\ssheets\xslt\docbook-xsl-1.60.1\html