[oXygen-user] disable TOC

Sorin Ristache
Tue Aug 9 02:38:04 CDT 2005

Chip Wiegand wrote:
> Thanks, I got a reply earlier on the docbook mailing list about the
> parameter generate.toc, and that works fine.
> FWIW, another suggestion might be a right-click list of tags that are
> pertinent to what is being worked on, for example: I'm in a
> <section></section> and a right-click would bring up all the tags
> available for use inside that <section></section>. Same for inside the
> <para></para>, etc. Something like that would be especially useful to the
> new user, as I am. Even with all the docs on the web, and the docbook
> manual, most, if not all, of those are written with the experienced user
> in mind, or at someone who has some level of experience.

Hello Chip,

The XML Refactoring "Surround with" actions, the Model view, the
Attributes view and the tag insight assistant support new users and also
experienced users to edit their documents quickly.

For example inside a <section></section> element a right-click will pop
up the contextual menu where you will find the action XML Refactoring ->
Surround with which presents all the possible child elements of section
in a submenu. The action Surround with tag (CTRL + E) will present the
same elements in a combo box that autocompletes the name of the element
after you type the first characters. The action Surround with <X> (CTRL
+ /) will repeat the last Surround with action.

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-standalone-en/XML-editor-specific-actions.html#XML-refactoring-actions

When the cursor is placed inside an element the Model view/the
Attributes view presents all the elements/all the attributes that keep
the document valid if they are inserted at the cursor position together
with a description in the form of documentation of the element if a
description is available in the schema associated with the document.

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-standalone-en/editing-xml-documents.html#d4e1367

The tag insight assistant presents automatically a popup with the same
elements/attributes when you type the '<' character outside a tag/ the '
'(space) character inside a tag.

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-standalone-en/editing-xml-documents.html#streamline-with-tag-insight

> Anyway, thanks for the reply,
> Chip