[oXygen-user] Comments about a possible new feature

Robert Koberg
Wed Feb 4 14:30:59 CST 2004

George Cristian Bina wrote:

> Hi Sean,
>
> Thanks for your feedback. Indeed there is a performance issue but this
> should be ignored because I just made it work without paying attention to
> performance. The idea was to show it in action without investing too much
> time.
> I also find it a little difficult to use and probably we will drop it unless
> we get some positive feedback :). However, I think the alpha effect can be
> really useful in a little different approach. We can have a smart button
> like the one for external tools that will show 3 options:
>  - normal view
>  - emphasize text
>  - emphasize structure
> When the user will choose emphasize text we can fade out the markup and when
> the user will choose emphasize structure we can fade out the text. The
> normal view will show the current syntax coloring without any effect.

I like this. If you have Bradbury's Topstyle they have an menu Option
HTML > Grey HTML Tags that you can see in action.

This made me think of another to add to your list above -- don't know if
is useful or not:) That is, click in a start or end tag and two toggle
buttons pr menu items are enabled:
1. change the coloring of this tag to a light grey wherever it occurs
(note I did not say element)
2. change all other tags to grey

Also, I could use a WSDL editor view :)

best,