[oXygen-user] Comments about a possible new feature

George Cristian Bina
Wed Feb 4 14:12:45 CST 2004

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your feedback. Indeed there is a performance issue but this
should be ignored because I just made it work without paying attention to
performance. The idea was to show it in action without investing too much
time.
I also find it a little difficult to use and probably we will drop it unless
we get some positive feedback :). However, I think the alpha effect can be
really useful in a little different approach. We can have a smart button
like the one for external tools that will show 3 options:
 - normal view
 - emphasize text
 - emphasize structure
When the user will choose emphasize text we can fade out the markup and when
the user will choose emphasize structure we can fade out the text. The
normal view will show the current syntax coloring without any effect.