[oXygen-user] Some help please with interpreting error messages

George Cristian Bina
Thu Aug 19 06:40:18 CDT 2004

Hi John,

> Can anyone point me to some documentation that explains what the
> "schema-full-checking" is?  If not can someone explain to me, in simple
> terms, what it means?  It seems to me that there are different levels of
XML
> Schema validation but I'm not quite sure.  If there are different
validation
> levels what are the consequences of each level?

You can find more information following the link below [1], look for the
[http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema-full-checking] feature.

In simple words this means that the ambiguities [2] in schemas and
derivations by restriction [3] will not be checked.

[1] http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/features.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#cos-nonambig
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#cos-particle-restrict