[oXygen-user] XInclude working in beta?

George Cristian Bina
Fri Apr 30 06:51:43 CDT 2004

Hi Paul,

Here it is the explanation.
The XInclude docs changed twice - first they gave up the
http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude namespace for
http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude and then, recently, they changed back to
http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude.

Oxygen 3.1 includes Xerces 2.6.0 that uses http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude
as the XInclude namespace. Oxygen 4.0 beta includes Xerces 2.6.2 that uses
http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude as the XInclude namespace. Xerces already
changed back to the http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude namespace in their CVS
and we also patched the Xerces 2.6.2 that comes with oXygen 4.0 to use
http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude as the XInclude namespace.

See also http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude/

Please note that the namespace URI has been reverted back to the URI found
in earlier drafts of XInclude. This document defines the namespace URI
http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude; the http://www.w3.org/2003/XInclude
namespace URI found in the Last Call is made obsolete by this document.
<<<

The 4.0 release should be available in less than a couple of hours :)

George Cristian Bina mailto:
<oXygen/> XML Editor - http://www.oxygenxml.com/