[oXygen-sdk] Integrating with eXist

Toma Tasovac ttasovac at humanistika.org
Wed Oct 19 01:14:30 CDT 2016

Hi.

We're looking into having an oXygen plug-in developed which would make it possible to upload local files to eXist-db directly from oXygen. (I'm not talking about opening eXist files in oXygen, but rather about using the local filesystem under version control in oXygen and then occasionally deploying files to eXist).

At this point, I'm not looking for complex mirroring of files and hierarchies (especially since our local folder hierarchies do not necessarily correspond to the hierarchies in eXist-db), but a very simple one-on-one thing: a button in oXygen which on click will talk to eXist, deploy the current oXygen file to eXist-db (based on configuration values), trigger a reindex in eXist and notify the user that everything went ok.

The plugin should be configurable and allow for multiple deployments (e.g. deploy to local server and then remote, or staging server and production server etc.)

Any advice on how best to implement this with the oXygen SDK? We'd like to reuse as much as possible the functionalities that already exist.

All best,
Toma

--
Belgrade Center for Digital Humanities