[oXygen-user] Struggling with conkeyref/conaction=pushafter

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Radu Coravu) support at oxygenxml.com
Tue Mar 28 07:38:33 CDT 2023

Hello Frank,

Please see some answers below:

> If the pushed content is not shown in the Oxygen Editor, then the
> feature is not really useful for me. I need to see it to have control
> over what I am doing.

As I said, Oxygen does not show the push in place where the content is
pushed.

> The conref-push content does not appear in CHM output either. Perhaps
> this has to do with the fact that I still use oXygen V21.1 to generate
> CHM output. (I made some XSL customizations which are not easy for me
> to apply to V25, a bit difficult and lengthy to explain...).

I do not know about that, if plain DITA to HTML5 in Oxygen 25.1 output
shows the push, then the publishing works. If not, probably the way in
which you attempt to push might be incorrect, if you send us a sample
project we can look into this further.

> It appears much simpler for me to filter the contents out. But owing
> to the way my process is set up, I would need to apply a second
> ditaval file.
>

> Can I specify two ditaval files for the "args.filter" argument? This
> would be the best.

Yes:

https://www.dita-ot.org/dev/parameters/parameters-base.html#base__args.filter

> I heard of ditvalref branch filtering and I tested this. It does not
> create the desired result as duplicates of every reused topic are
> created. This is not what I want and it messes up many topic
> references. Can I set up branch filtering differently so that no topic
> duplicates are created? Probably not...

Once you choose using branch filtering you need to use also key scopes,
use only  keyrefs and conkeyrefs. So yes you should probably avoid this
if you have other choices.

Oxygen XML Editor