[oXygen-user] Installing oxygen 19.1 on centOS7

Wingerath, Markus Markus.Wingerath at lav.nrw.de
Tue Jan 14 06:19:37 CST 2020

Dear list,

I'm trying to install oxygen 19.1 on a VirtualMachine running centOS 7 with GNOME via X11 and OpenJDK 1.8.0.
I'm running the install-script with su-privileges, but after drawing the first window (for the language selection), there are no buttons or text.
The functionality is there - I can open the drop-down menu - but no text or buttons.

I tried using the "unattended installation" as well as unpacking the tarball, both open a window but fail to draw it's contents. The flash screen also appears only as a grey rectangle.

The VM sits behind a firewall which blocks ftp-protocols and cannot be altered, because we don't administer it - this has led to problems in the past, therefore it's worth mentioning.

I tried Google, but came up empty handed. I'm hoping someone here ran into similar problems and has found a solution.

Best wishes,
M. Wingerath

Landesarchiv Nordrhein-Westfalen
Abteilung Rheinland