[oXygen-user] Web Help: How to include an entire directory in the output?

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Radu Pisoi) support at oxygenxml.com
Thu Feb 6 01:24:28 CST 2020

Hi,

You can use the template resource^[1] section from publishing template
descriptor to specify a directory that will be copied to the output
folder. The /resources/fileset/ element allow you to define one or more
sets of additional resources to be copied to the output folder.

> *<publishing-template>*
>      *<webhelp>*
>        *<resources>*
>
>            *<fileset>*
>                *<include*  name="common/**/*"*/>*
>                *<include*  name="JS/**/*"*/>*
>                *<exclude*  name="**/*.svn"*/>*
Please note that all relative paths specified in the descriptor file are
relative to the template root folder.

The resources specified in the template descriptor are copied to the
following output folder: /[WebHelp_OUTPUT_DIR]/oxygen-webhelp/template/.
If you want to refer them from HTML fragments you can use the
/oxygen-webhelp-template-dir^[2] / macro:

> <link rel="stylesheet"
> href="${oxygen-webhelp-template-dir}/custom-resources/custom.css" />

[1] - Template Resources
<https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/21.1/ug-webhelp-responsive/topics/whr_publishing_template_contents.html#ariaid-title3>

[2] - WebHelp Responsive Macros
<https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/21.1/ug-webhelp-responsive/topics/whr_publishing_template_contents.html#ariaid-title7>