[oXygen-user] Indentation of elements but not of comments

Mike Unwalla mike at techscribe.co.uk
Wed Feb 5 03:16:15 CST 2020

Hello,

I want to indent the elements in an XML document. Tools>Format and Indent Files lets me do this. To specify the indentation, I can use Options>Preferences>Editor/Format/XML.

Some of the elements have comments at the end of a line. Example:
     <pattern><!-- This is a comment -->

I want the pattern element to be indented, but I don't want the comment on a new line. (I tried to use Elements Spacing, but I could not make it do what I want.) Is there a simple way to do what I want?

(This e-mail message is a copy of my question on https://www.oxygenxml.com/forum/topic21114.html from 2020-01-27.)

Mike Unwalla
www.techscribe.co.uk