[oXygen-user] Problem reloading jars that contains XSL

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Adrian Buza) support at oxygenxml.com
Mon Nov 5 07:18:53 CST 2018

Hi,

The problem is you're using the "jar:file" protocol with a .jar file.
The Java loading mechanism of jar files is meant for static Java
resources (especially meant for Java class files) which are only loaded
once when they are needed. So, any changes you do to the jar in the file
system after the jar has already been loaded by the JVM will not be
available until the JVM (Oxygen) is restarted. This is normal Java
behavior and cannot be avoided. Oxygen cannot change this behavior as
long as the jar gets loaded within its own JVM. Saxon transformations
from Oxygen are run within Oxygen's JVM.
This works fine in the command line because the JVM loads and exits
every time you run Saxon.

Oxygen provides an alternative means to do what you want via the
"zip:file" protocol, but, obviously, this only works within Oxygen. Try
using:
<xsl:import
href="zip:file:/Users/cmarchand/devel/foe.jar!/path/to/file.xsl" />

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support