[oXygen-user] XSLT Processor under XProc

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Adrian Buza)
Mon Jan 11 02:29:25 CST 2016

Hello David,

> When I run the transformation under XProc as a p:xslt step, I am
> getting some errors that didn’t appear with Saxon.
Try running the same transformation in Oxygen with Saxon-EE and check if
you see the same errors. It's possible that Saxon-EE shows you a
different set of errors.

> (1)What XSLT engine is being used with XProc? Does Calabash provide
> its own engine?
XML Calabash (within Oxygen) is configured to use Saxon-EE. A Saxon
configuration file is located in
Oxygen\lib\xproc\calabash\lib\saxon.config. This can be used to set the
edition of Saxon (EE/PE/HE) and various Saxon settings.
AFAIK, the command line XML Calabash bundles and uses Saxon-HE, but can
probably be configured to use other XSLT engine implementations (Java).

> (2)Can I control which engine is being used within XProc?
For XML Calabash within Oxygen you can only control the edition of Saxon
being used. See the saxon.config file I mentioned above. You can set
configuration/@edition="PE" or configuration/@edition="HE".

If you're using XML Calabash in the command line (independently from
Oxygen) I suspect it's possible to use various
javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory implementations, but don't have a
clear configuration path for that. In theory, if the XSLT engine
implements the javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory service, it should
also advertise it, so it should work by simply replacing one XSLT engine
.jar library with another in the Java classpath.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support