[oXygen-user] My code snippets lost

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Adrian Buza) support at oxygenxml.com
Tue Dec 20 03:18:01 CST 2016

Hello Karl,

The code templates are saved in either:
- Project Options - in your Oxygen project (.xpr) file (check your
projects in the Project view combo box)
- Global Options - in the options file from the Oxygen preferences
directory.

Depending on the platform the preferences directory is located as follows:
- Windows Vista/7/8/10 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\com.oxygenxml
- Mac OS X - /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.oxygenxml
- Linux - /home/<username>/.com.oxygenxml
The options file (for Editor) is named "oxyOptionsSa18.1.xml" (where
18.1 is the version).

In Windows if you have trouble locating the AppData folder(it is
hidden), open Windows Explorer, type in the Address bar %APPDATA% and
press Enter.

The options for each new version of Oxygen are imported from the
previous version (latest old version found). So you have a set of
options (a different options file) for each version of Oxygen.
You might also want to check if you have launched a different
application, Author or Developer instead of Editor (see Help > About).
Each launcher has its own set of options.

If you've had them for a long time, you could look at some of the older
options files:
1. First export your current options, just in case you'll want them
back, Options > Export Global Options, save the file and keep it in a
safe place.
2. Try importing an older version options file (e.g.
oxyOptionsSa17.0.xml), Options > Import Global Options and look for it
in preferences directory (as per your platform)

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support