[oXygen-user] My code snippets lost

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Tue Dec 20 02:05:33 CST 2016

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 05:30:00AM +0000, Karl Stubsjoen wrote:
> A bunch of code templates that I created are missing now.  I've been
> using them for a long time and now they are just gone!  Might they
> be somewhere saved on disk?  Where should I go looking for them?

That varies according to your operating system.  So here on OS X
there's some data stored in $HOME/Library/Preferences/com.oxygenxml/
and $HOME/Library/Application\ Support/OxygenXMLEditor/ but if you're
on Windows the location of the latter varies according to OS version
while Linux just uses hidden directories in $HOME for the first of
those OS X paths, not sure about the second.

In the Preferences folder in OS X there's also some .plist files for
ro.sync.exml, but I haven't used oXygenXML on any of my Linux systems
yet and I haven't run Windows for my own use since 1999 so I'm not
certain where the equivalents for those files would be (or even
checked if it would matter).

The one place I'm sure it *won't* be is the oXygen installation
location since that would mean manually retrieving them every time you
upgraded and clearly you haven't done that.

Regards,
Ben

--
|   Ben McGinnes   |   Adversarial Press   |  Author and Publisher  |
| Writer, Trainer, Systems Administrator, Developer, ICT Consultant |