[oXygen-user] oXygen XML Editor 17 support for DITA-OT 2.1?

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Radu Coravu)
Mon May 11 06:21:02 CDT 2015

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the kind words.

Please see some answers below:

> I know oXygen 17 has support for DITA-OT 2.0, but I'm wondering if that support extends to 2.1, which is required to use the dita-ot-markdown plugin.

I remember I tested at some point and Jarno's mark down to DITA plugin
worked also with 2.0. But 2.1 should also work with Oxygen 17, just go
to the Preferences->"DITA" page and set the main DITA OT folder to point
to the downloaded DITA OT distribution.

By the way, as a possible alternative, in Oxygen 17.0 we also added a
custom conversion URL handler which could be used to point to different
resources from a DITA Map and dynamically convert them to DITA.
Some samples (among which conversion from Markdown to DITA) and a
presentation can be found here: