[oXygen-user] Using a different (minor) version of Saxon with oXygen?

Gioele Barabucci
Thu Dec 24 06:37:42 CST 2015

On 24/12/2015 13:22, Oxygen XML Editor Support (Adrian Buza) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Because of the tight integration (validation, debugging, etc), you
> cannot upgrade the version of Saxon 9 that comes bundled with Oxygen.

Thank you for your response.

I understand that oXygen hooks very deep inside Saxon, but I suppose
(maybe naively) that none of these low-level APIs have changed between
9.6.0.7 and 9.6.0.8.

> However, you can use a different version of Saxon in Oxygen as a custom
> (command line) XSLT or XQuery engine for transformations (NOT for
> debugging),

I need to use XSLT as part of a XProc pipeline, so that route is not
practicable for me.

Gioele Barabucci <>