[oXygen-user] How to include smaller files into a "master document" in Oxygen?

Jean-Luc Chevillard
Mon Dec 7 09:57:33 CST 2015

Hello Adrian,
(resent, with copy to the mailing list)

thanks for your explanations.

My XML files are "custom"
and I have defined a DTD and a CSS myself,
which I am progressively enriching,
as my understanding of the complexity of that particular thesaurus grows.

In my creation of the Thesaurus
I alternate between "Text Mode" for certain (complex) tasks
and "Author Mode" for (easy) tasks.

I had not realized until now that the RLT file size constraints are not
that stringent in Author Mode.
(BTW, Tamil is not a "RTL language" but rather a script with complex
rendering ...)

Since I asked the question,
I have discovered the following video on the Oxygen Web site,
"http://oxygenxml.com/demo/Working_With_XML_Modules.html"

Using your answer and the video,
I should (hopefully) have no difficulty trying to use that method.

I have however a remaining question:
-- I expect the linkage between the "master document" and the "included
documents" to be described in some auxiliary file, which will tell
Oxygen where to look for the DTD, etc. when it does "content completion"
-- WHERE will those auxiliary files be located? (will they be in a
hidden location) How can I do backup for them?
-- WHAT HAPPENS when I upgrade to the next version of Oxygen? Will the
auxiliary files be destroyed?

Thanks for clarifying those points

Best wishes

-- Jean-Luc Chevillard (Paris)