[oXygen-user] How to include smaller files into a "master document" in Oxygen?

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Adrian Buza)
Mon Dec 7 08:32:45 CST 2015

Hello,

What type of XML files are these (DITA, DocBook, TEI or custom)?

The "support for RTL languages" is problematic for large files in Text
mode. But Author mode (Document > Edit Mode > Author) can handle RTL
content a lot better, so that's a possible solution if you want to work
with larger files.
However, if you have a custom type of document thhat Oxuygen doesn't
support out-of-the-box, you'll have to create a custom CSS, so that the
document is represented properly in Author mode:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/17.1/ug-editor/index.html#concepts/dg-css-stylesheet.html

> Can I create a MASTER document in Oxygen
> in which the chapters are INCLUDED
> (by mentionning their names)
> for the sake of processing the sum of the chapters?
Yes, you can use XInclude to bind all documents together in a single
master file. This way you can transform the master that includes all
other documents as if it's a single document.
http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/17.1/ug-editor/index.html#topics/including-document-parts-with-XInclude.html
The examples from this section are for DocBook, but XInclude is
supported by Oxygen independent from the XML format.
Check your XInclude options from Oxygen (Options > Preferences, XML >
"XML Parser", "XInclude Options"), they should be enabled by default.

> (I currently run XSLT transformations on separate chapters for making
> indices? How to do that for the sum of the chapters?)
It's simpler to use the master file and runt the transformation just
once on it.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza