[oXygen-user] Odd webhelp with feedback error message

Jim Henderson
Thu Aug 27 12:04:49 CDT 2015

Thanks for the follow-up, Ben.

I'm a little puzzled by this suggestion, though - the PHP source code that
I see on git is all C, not Perl.  I don't know why anyone would build an
interpreted language out of another interpreted language - that doesn't
seem like a good idea. :)  More importantly, though, there's no dependency
between php and perl - in fact, the php5 spec file doesn't list perl as a
dependency at all.  That said, both platforms (working and non-working)
have the same versions of perl and php (perl is *slightly* newer on the
broken system, but since there's no dependency between perl and php, that
build version difference shouldn't be an issue - the version numbers still
match).

Oxygen support is looking into the issue here - they've been able to
reproduce the failure included in the e-mail message.

FWIW, Novell doesn't "own" SUSE any more.  They're a Micro Focus company
(as is Novell).  Novell hasn't "owned" them since 2011, when Attachmate
acquired Novell.  Attachmate has since been acquired by MF. :)

Jim

--
[image: Ping Identity logo] <https://www.pingidentity.com/>
Jim Henderson
Technical Writer
Ping Identity
@  [image: phone] +1 720.390.3443 [image:
twitter] @pingidentity Connect with us... [image: pingidentity.com]
<https://www.pingidentity.com/> [image: twitter logo]
<https://twitter.com/pingidentity> [image: youtube logo]
<https://www.youtube.com/user/PingIdentityTV> [image: LinkedIn logo]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/21870> [image: Facebook logo]
<https://www.facebook.com/pingidentitypage> [image: Google+ logo]
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/114266977739397708540> [image: slideshare logo]
<http://www.slideshare.net/PingIdentity> [image: flipboard logo]
<http://flip.it/vjBF7> [image: rss feed icon]
<https://www.pingidentity.com/blogs/>
[image: IDENTIFY 2015]
<https://www.pingidentity.com/en/lp/identify-2015.html>

Join us at *#IDENTIFY2015* where
tomorrow's secure enterprise starts today.

Register today! <https://www.pingidentity.com/en/lp/identify-2015.html>