[oXygen-user] Pretty Print <lb/> in Oxygen

Gerrit Brüning
Tue Oct 28 12:08:17 CDT 2014

Dear all,

I share Ute's wish for a format-and-indent in the text mode that puts
<lb> at the beginning of each line.
xml:space does not seem satisfying to me because it prevents Oxygen from
doing any format-and-indent.
Find/replace is neither very elegant nor will it give the result Syd has
described.

I admit that the addition of whitespace in mixed content elements where
no whitespace exists is generally critical (and I like Oxygen for not
doing this!). However, any whitespace preceding or following an <lb> can
be treated as insignificant. Even

Oxy<lb break="no">gen

Oxy
<lb break="no">gen

are equivalent, except that a little more processing is needed to
extract the token "Oxygen" from such an encoding.
So I find it responsible to allow Oxygen---on explicit request---to add
whitespace befor <lb> elements. At least, it would be nice to get Oxygen
to put all the <lb>s at the beginning of the line that *already have*
whitespace before them.

Best regards,

Gerrit

--
Gerrit Brüning
Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main | Institut für deutsche Literatur und ihre Didaktik

Historisch-kritische Edition von Goethes Faust | Genetic Edition of Goethe's Faust | faustedition.net

Freies Deutsches Hochstift | Großer Hirschgraben 23-25 | 60311 Frankfurt am Main | Fon +49(0)69-13880-292