[oXygen-user] integrate Oxygen output into build process?

Sorin Ristache
Tue Oct 28 04:16:46 CDT 2014

Hi Tom,

In the Oxygen application a transformation can be started only manually,
for example with an action available on a toolbar or a menu or with a
custom Author mode extension action. A transformation can be started
automatically as in your case (registered as a hook on a version control
event) only outside the Oxygen application, as an independent Java
process or as a CLI shell command.

For DITA files we provide only the WebHelp transformation as a
independent process (outside the Oxygen application). It is a DITA-OT
plugin which can be integrated in a DITA-OT 1.6.x/1.7.x/1.8.x
installation and which is available as a separate product on the Oxygen
website, which means it requires a separate purchased license. The
WebHelp pages created by this DITA-OT plugin are the same as the ones
created in the Oxygen application applied to the same DITA files. I
attach a README file with the DITA-OT integration instructions and also
a sample script for starting the WebHelp transformation from a command
line. If you need more details please let me know.

For other DITA transformations started outside the Oxygen application I
suggest running the built-in transformations which come with the DITA-OT
kit and which can generate PDF output, Windows Help output, Eclipse Help
output, etc. The DITA-OT documentation includes instructions for
starting a DITA transformation from a command line:

https://dita-ot.github.io/1.8/readme/tranforming-dita-content.html

Best regards,
Sorin

<oXygen/> XML Editor