[oXygen-user] Detach a tab?

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Adrian Buza)
Wed Oct 8 08:46:50 CDT 2014

Hello Tom,

If you detach editor tabs frequently by accident, you can disable this
feature in Options > Preferences, Perspectives Layout, "Allow detaching
editors from the main window".

Regarding the black tabs, we've investigated and this can indeed occur
on OS X if you enable 'Mirror Displays' after plugging in an additional
display while Oxygen is running. This seems to be an issue triggered by
the docking framework used by Oxygen when run with Java SE 6. We are
looking into updating the docking framework in the next release of Oxygen.

 From what we tested this problem does not occur with Java SE 8. So, if
you find this issue annoying, you could use the alternative kit of
Oxygen for 'OS X 10.8 and later (Includes Java SE 8)'. You can download
it here (Oxygen XML Editor):
http://www.oxygenxml.com/InstData/Editor/MacOSX/VM/oxygen.tar.gz

Please let us know if encounter further issues.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support