[oXygen-user] Easy insertion of en/em-dash

Alex Jitianu
Thu Oct 2 01:55:44 CDT 2014

Hello,

Personally I'm not aware of such a plugin, but I think that one can
indeed be implemented (and sounds like a nice idea).

As current workarounds, other than the already mentioned code templates,
I can also think of:
- the "Insert from Character Map..." dialog. The action is available in
the Edit menu. You can use it to insert the needed "dash" elements.
There is also a "Symbols" toolbar that presents the recently used
characters. So the "dash" characters will be just one click away (maybe
two).
- in the Author page (if this editing mode is an option), you can define
author actions, each one inserting a specific "dash". You can associate
shortcuts to these actions of add them in the toolbar, menu etc.

Best regards,
Alex
--
Alex Jitianu