[oXygen-user] Inserting images via keyref - dialog requires Subtopic ID?

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Radu Coravu) support at oxygenxml.com
Wed May 14 03:50:45 CDT 2014

Hi Ed,

The "Insert a DITA Content Key Reference" action is used to insert a
content key reference (the @conkeyref attribute).
What you actually need is to insert a simple <image> with a @keyref
attribute.

Basically if in the DITA Map you add a reference to an image:

> <topicref href="images/Gerbera.jpg" format="jpg" keys="gerbera"/>

Then in a DITA topic you can use the "Key Reference" action (available
on the toolbar on a link drop down button) to insert an image with a
reference to that key and it worked for me.
I chose the referenced key in the table, I chose the name of the element
which needs to be inserted (<image> in this case) and then pressed the
"Insert and close" button.
Please see the attached screenshot.