[oXygen-user] Cannot get the excluded topics/text to grey out when profiling attributes are applied

Oxygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Fri Mar 7 03:10:27 CST 2014

Hi Nathan,

The "Show Profiling attributes" action does not gray-out filtered
sections. What it does is that it shows for each topicref in the DITA
Maps Manager and for each profiled DITA topic opened in the main editor
in the Author visual editing mode the profiling attributes for each
element which has them set. In order for you to understand better what
it does I'm attaching a screenshot.

What you actually want (gray out topics which do not match a certain set
of condition) can be done by first configuring in the Oxygen
Preferences->"Editor / Edit modes / Author / Profiling/Conditional Text"
page a set of "Profiling Condition Sets" and then to choose one of those
profiling condition sets in the filter drop-down. I'm attaching another
screenshot with this.

A profiling condition set can be created by directly referencing a DITA
VAL File.

If I have not properly understood your request, please give me more
details, maybe also some screenshots.