[oXygen-user] Strategies for preserving Java settings when upgrading oXygen?

Oxygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Wed Apr 2 03:46:27 CDT 2014

Hi David,

Hopefully in v16.0 this won't be necessary anymore as we're currently
investigating the possibility of keeping an additional .vmoptions file
in the Oxygen options folder (in the user profile) and thus have this
persistent after upgrading/reinstalling.

At this time (v15.2 and earlier) a simple trick is to duplicate the
startup launcher (and its .vmoptions file for Windows/Linux) and thus
keep your .vmoptions file distinct from Oxygen's.
e.g.
Windows/Linux: Duplicate 'oxygen15.2'(.exe) and 'oxygen15.2.vmoptions',
rename them similarly, 'myOxygen4G'(.exe) and 'myOxygen4G.vmoptions' and
modify the duplicate .vmoptions file.
OS X: Duplicate the 'Oxygen XML Editor.app' and rename it to your liking
'myOxygen4G.app' and edit the 'Info.plist' file from the duplicate.

This way you could keep using your duplicate launcher without being
affected by the default launcher and its .vmoptions which get
overwritten when upgrading/reinstalling.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support