[oXygen-user] Character Map feature requests

Oxygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Thu Oct 31 05:24:39 CDT 2013

Hi Wendell,

The Character Map dialog is not a modal dialog so you can leave it
opened and edit in the editor at the same time. But it also cannot be
docked on the side as a view could, we'll see if we can remove this
limitation in a future version.

Filtering by Unicode block is an interesting idea. I guess your clients
would only be interested in the Hebrew symbols, right?
I added this as a feature request, in the meantime your clients can
enter "hebrew" in the search field and in the "Details" tab they should
see all characters which have the word "Hebrew" in their description.

We also have API which would allow building a plugin which could
contribute a custom view which could contain those favorite characters.