[oXygen-user] author action - value parameter question(s)

Andreas Wagner Andreas.Wagner at em.uni-frankfurt.de
Wed Oct 23 08:32:53 CDT 2013

Hi Radu,

* Oxygen XML Editor Support dixit [2013-10-23 13:48]:
> Unfortunately our editor variables support is quite limited so you
> cannot do (a) and (c) using editor variables. So you would have to
> implement a custom operation in Java which would look at the current
> attribute value, show a dialog to the user and then use our API to set
> the attribute on the element:

I see. I admit I had hoped to get around writing a custom Java operation
but it seems sooner or later I will have to have a look into it anyway.
I will probably postpone it somewhat but then try the route you have
suggested. Regarding the in-place attributes editor dialog and the
attributes view: thanks a lot, I simply did not think of them and the
in-place editor is just what I wanted.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Andreas

--