[oXygen-user] How can I ignore invalid CSS?

oXygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Thu May 9 09:32:29 CDT 2013

Hi,

The built-in XHTML Document type provides the CSSs needed to visually
edit an HTML file. If an HTML document has it's own CSS associated with
it, that CSS will be merged with the default ones. But even if you have
errors in this CSS you should still be able to edit the HTML visually
because the default CSSs have loaded successfully. You will have a few
errors when the author page loads but you should be able to see and edit
the file just like you edit an HTML file from the Oxygen sample files.

You should check and see if your document has matched the XHTML
framework. To check that go to the Window menu and select Show
View/Properties. In the properties view check the entry Document Type to
see which document type was matched with your document:
- If you don't see the XHTML document type, go into
Options->Preferences... on the page Document Type Association and select
and edit the XHTML document type. Select the "Association rules" tab and
add a new rule that will match your document.
- If you do see XHTML as the detected document type, follow the previous
instructions to edit the XHTML document and select the Author tab. Make
sure that the option "If there are CSSs specified in the document then"
is set to "merge them with CSSs from the associated document type".

Best regards,
Alex
--
Alex Jitianu