[oXygen-user] Opening SVG on Mac

Oxygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Thu May 2 03:50:06 CDT 2013

Hello,

I believe it would not be appropriate to make Oxygen the default
application for SVG. Oxygen can only view or generate SVG, it does not
offer graphical editing capabilities (only as XML).
Safari is associated by default with SVG and you can also preview SVG in
Finder (press Space).

However, if you want to make Oxygen the default application that opens
SVG on your Mac, you can easily set this up:
In Finder right click on a SVG file and from the contextual menu choose
"Get Info". In the "Open with:" subsection select from the application
combo Other (Safari is the default) and browse and select Oxygen. With
Oxygen selected in the combo press the "Change All..." button (See the
attached image). This will associate Oxygen with all SVG documents.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support