[oXygen-user] XML Schema documentation

Oxygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Tue Mar 19 10:35:11 CDT 2013

Hi,

I've tested a bit and reproduced the issue. This happens if you declare
the namespace prefix on or outside of the xs:documentation element.
I believe it isolates the content of the xs:documentation from the
prefix declarations and then when it cannot resolve the namespace
prefixes it decides to escape everything.
I've submitted this to our issue tracking tool.

There's another problem with the prefixed HTML elements. Since the
content from xs:documentation is simply copied to the output by the
stylesheet, the elements remain prefixed in the HTML output, so the HTML
styling that is prefixed doesn't actually work in the browser.

e.g.
<xs:documentation>Defines the <b
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">personnel</b>
    as a collection of <x:b
xmlns:x="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">person</x:b>
elements.</xs:documentation>
"personnel" is bold, but "person" (surrounded by x:b) is not rendered as
bold in the "Annotations" field.

The simplest workaround for both these problems is to make the HTML
namespace the default namespace directly in the xs:documentation element:
e.g. (on my example)
<xs:documentation xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">Defines the
<b>personnel</b>
                as a collection of <b>person</b>