[oXygen-user] oh where oh where has my oXygen gone?

Oxygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Mon Feb 18 08:58:39 CST 2013

Hello Syd,

When you install Oxygen on Linux (Ubuntu or otherwise) there is a step
during the installation wizard that mentions the creation of symlinks.
Make sure that this option is enabled because the same option creates
the .desktop files from the installation folder.

1) and 2) My guess is you unchecked the option "Create symlinks"
(default enabled) during the installation.

3) You could do that, but I would recommend simply reinstalling it in
the same folder (you will be prompted to uninstall the current
installation) and letting the installer create the symlinks.

4) There are some known issues with the icons in Ubuntu 12 (and Gnome 3
in general). One of the problems is the one you describe with the
missing icon. Another issue is that there doesn't seem to be a way to
set an icon of an appropriate resolution for the Java application (at
least with Java SE 6). Hopefully Java 7 will resolve these problems. We
are still testing Oxygen with Java 7 and we will most likely bundle it
with v15 of Oxygen.
If you'd like, you can install and use Java SE 7 with Oxygen instead of
the bundled Java SE 6 from the Oxygen kit. You can rename the 'jre'
folder from the Oxygen installation folder and Oxygen will pick up Java
from either JAVA_HOME or the PATH environment variable.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support