[oXygen-user] Automatically generating XML schemas using XSLT

Olumide videohead at mail.com
Tue Nov 27 09:54:08 CST 2012

On 22/11/2012 16:44, Mark Baker wrote:
> That's precisely why I don't use <redefine>. Using the group method does
> allow you to redefine the nested element while importing a top-level
> element.
>
> Imported schema:
>
> element "foo"
>     complex-content
>         group ref="foo-content"
>

> Importing schema B:
>
> include "imported.xsd"
>
> element "bar"
>     complex-content
>         sequence
>             element ref="foo"
>
> group "foo-content"
>     sequence
>         element "baz"
> Now the valid content model for documents using schema A is
> /bar/foo/baz, and the valid content model for documents using schema B
> is /gruznats/foo/bonk.
>
> Thus element foo is reused in both schemas, but with a different content
> model.

Thanks Mark. Just a few matters that I'd like to clarify. Does this
pattern apply when,

1. All schemas share a common, top-level schema which defines a
top-level element and in turn imports lower-level schemas that define
lower-level elements etc.

2. The element that I wish to "override" is not directly imported by the
top-level schema.

Regards

- Olumide